- 2 medium eggplants (local is better)
- 3 Tablespoons ABQ Olive Oil Co Wild Dill Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of ABQ Olive Oil Co fleur de sel
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste), well-stirred if from new container
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced or pressed
- Juice of 1 lemon, (more to taste, if desired)
- Pinch or two of ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
Heat oven to 375°F. Brush eggplants with 1 tablespoon Wild Dill Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Prick eggplants a few times with a fork or tip of a knife. Place eggplant on baking sheet and roast for 30 to 35 minutes, until very tender when pressed.
Let cool to room temperature.
In a blender or food processor: Scrape eggplant flesh from skin and into the work bowl. Discard all Eggplant skin. Add tahini, salt, garlic, lemon juice, Wild Dill Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil and cumin. Blend in short bursts (pulses) until combined but still coarsely chopped.
Spoon into a bowl and drizzle with remaining tablespoons of Wild Dill Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Scatter with 1/2 tablespoon of fresh dill, if desired. Serve with fresh pita bread.