For the Dressing:
- 1 tsp. finely grated lime zest
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. Pineapple White Balsamic
- 1 Tbsp. Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Roasted Sesame Oil
For the Tuna Mixture:
- 10 oz. very fresh tuna steak, diced into 1/4″ cubes
- 6 oz. fresh pineapple, diced into 1/4″ cubes
- 1 tsp. finely minced fresh serrano pepper, seeds removed
- 1 scallion, green part only, minced
- ABQ Olive Oil Company Sea Salt (to taste)
To Garnish & Serve: (optional)
- Star fruit slices
- Sprouts or shredded jicama
- Rice crackers or Wonton chips
Place the tuna and pineapple in a large bowl and season with a dash of Sea Salt. Keep refrigerated until ready to combine with the dressing.
Combine the Persian lime olive oil, roasted sesame oil, pineapple white balsamic vinegar, lime juice and lime zest in a liquid measuring cup. Whisk well to blend.
Pour the dressing over the tuna and pineapple mixture, add the scallions and serrano pepper, and mix gently to combine. Cover the bowl with plastic food wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend well.
Place a round mold (or a biscuit cutter) in the center of a salad plate. Fill the mold with the tuna and pineapple tartare, pressing gently. Lift off the mold. Decorate the plate and top the stack with your choice of garnishes and serve with crackers. Enjoy!