- 4 6-ounce filet mignons
- 4 tablespoon ABQ Olive Oil wild mushroom and sage infused extra virgin olive oil (leave extra for brushing)
- 4 ounces of your favorite Dried Mushrooms
- 2 shallots, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- ½ cup brandy
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon Chipotle Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- Sea Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high. Brush steaks with oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill steaks until cooked to desired doneness, 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
Place the mushrooms in a bowl and cover with hot boiling water. Let soak 15 to 30 minutes, until thoroughly soft. Line a strainer with cheesecloth and set it over a bowl. Drain the mushrooms and squeeze them over the strainer. Measure out ½ cup of the mushroom soaking liquid.
Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp. of wild mushroom and sage infused extra virgin olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet. Add mushrooms and shallots to skillet and stir until mushrooms and shallots are tender, 4-5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; stir in brandy (caution: mixture may ignite). Return skillet to heat and add mushroom broth, and thyme leaves; stir to blend. Add cream; simmer until mushroom sauce is slightly thickened, 4-5 minutes. Season sauce to taste with salt and Chipotle Seasoning. Spoon sauce onto plates; top each with a filet.
Garnish with chives.