- 4 large 10/20 Sea scallops
- 1/2 small watermelon
- 8 oz. block feta cheese
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 8-12 fresh spearmint leaves
- 3 to 4 TBSP ABQ Olive Oil Company Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 TBSP ABQ Olive Oil Company Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 TBSP ABQ Olive Oil Company Persian Lime Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ABQ Olive Oil Fleur De Sel (Sea salt) to taste
Slice red onion as thin as possible and soak in cold water to remove some of the strong aroma. Remove from water and pat dry.
Cut watermelon and feta cheese into similar shaped cubes (bite size).
Roll mint leaves together and thinly slice
Pat scallops dry and season with fleur de sel.
Heat 3 to 4 TBSP of Hojiblanca EVOO in pan at medium to medium high heat. Sear scallops 3-minutes on each side until cooked through. (Scallops may also be broiled in oven)
Drizzle one tablespoon of Blackberry Ginger Balsamic in a ring around edge of the plate, arrange the watermelon and feta in circle just inside the balsamic circle. Place seared scallops in middle of plate and scatter the red onion and mint over the top.
Finish the dish with a generous drizzle (1 TBSP) of ABQ Olive Oil Persian Lime EVOO.