Walnut Poppy Seed Loaf Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or flour of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar or less if you wish
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ABQ Olive Oil Company Vanilla Dark Balsamic
- 1/2 teaspoon ABQ Olive Oil Company Walnut Oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. ABQ Olive Oil Company organic poppy seeds
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Lightly grease an 8-by-4 inch loaf pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Beat butter and sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating to incorporate after each addition. Beat in vanilla balsamic and Walnut oil. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture and milk alternating, starting and ending with flour mixture, just until flour is incorporated. Fold in poppy seeds. Pour batter onto prepare pan.
Bake until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely. Drizzle cake with Walnut Glaze.
Whisk together 1 cup confectioner’s sugar, 1 1/2 Tbsp. milk, 1/2 tsp each vanilla balsamic and walnut oil, and a pinch of kosher salt in a bowl. Add additional milk, 1 tsp at a time, to reach desired consistency!