- 5-6 pound chuck roast
- 12 cloves garlic sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup ABQ Olive Oil Company Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 2 cups beef stock or broth
- pickled vegetables (optional for sandwiches)
Preheat the oven to 425. Cut 24 slits in to all sides of the roast and insert garlic slivers in to each slit. Liberally slather the roast with Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and coat with a blend of dried oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt. Place the roast onto a rack set in a roasting pan. Roast at 425 F. in the center of the oven for 20 minutes, and then add the beef stock to the roasting pan. Cover the roast with foil and reduce the heat to 300 F. Slow roast for an additional 3 hours covered with foil.
This roast is delicious on its own. However, you can also slice it paper thin for Italian Beef Sandwiches. Serve the warm sliced meat dunked in to the seasoned roasting broth, on sturdy rolls with pickled vegetables and or peppers and a drizzle of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil to finish.
Original recipe and photo by Veronica Foods.