- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup leftover sweet potatoes, mashed
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons ABQ Olive Oil Company Organic Butter Flavored Olive Oil, plus more for brushing waffle iron
- ABQ Olive Oil Company Vermont Maple Aged Balsamic Vinegar, for serving
Preheat oven to 200 °F. In large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together milk, sweet potatoes. eggs, and vanilla until combined. Stir sweet-potato mix into flour mixture until combined. Stir in ABQ Olive Oil Company Organic Butter Flavored Olive Oil until just blended-some lumps will remain.
Place a wire wrack on a baking pan and set in oven. Heat a waffle iron to medium-high and lightly brush grids with ABQ Olive Oil Co. Organic Butter Flavored Olive Oil. Ladle about 1/2 cup batter into center of iron (grids should be full but not overflowing), close, and cook until iron stops steaming and waffles are golden brown, about 4 minutes (or make according to your manufactures instructions). Transfer waffles to wire wrack in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with ABQ Olive Oil Company Organic Butter Flavored Olive Oil and ABQ Olive Oil Company Vermont Maple Aged Balsamic Vinegar.