- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup super fresh and fruity ABQ Olive Oil Company Extra Virgin Olive Oil such as Cobrançosa, or Arbequina
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt or to taste
In the jar of your blender add the salt, garlic, spinach, and basil followed by the cheese, nuts, and olive oil. Process on low until smooth, about 10-15 seconds, stopping the machine to scrape down the sides as necessary. Prepare your favorite cut of pasta and toss the strained, hot pasta with the pesto.
Makes about 2 cups of pesto.
Original recipe and photo by Veronica Foods.