- 6 cups freshly popped, warm popcorn
- 1/3 cup ABQ Olive Oil Company Wild Mushroom-Sage Olive Oil + 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese + 2 tablespoons
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
In a bowl large enough to hold the popcorn, drizzle 1/3 cup of the mushroom sage olive oil over the sides and bottom of the bowl. Alternatively, you can use an oil mister to spray the oil on to the popcorn.
Add the still warm popcorn to the bowl and toss to coat evenly. Add 1/2 cup grated Asiago, and a few turns of fresh cracked pepper, and salt to taste. Toss to coat again. Finish by drizzling the remaining mushroom-sage olive oil over the top along with two tablespoons of Asiago, and more black pepper.
Other excellent variations
- ABQ Olive Oil Co Lime Olive Oil + Olio Nuovo Baklouti Agrumato Olive Oil = Chili-Lime popcorn
- ABQ Olive Oil Co Garlic Olive Oil + ABQ Olive Oil Co Butter Olive Oil = Garlic-Butter popcorn
- Tuscan Herb + freshly grated Pecorino Romano Cheese = Paisano Popcorn
- Olio Nuovo Cayenne Agrumato Olive Oil + Olio Nuovo Baklouti Agrumato Olive Oil = Three Alarm Popcorn
- Olio Nuovo Cayenne Agrumato Olive Oil + ABQ Olive Oil Co Garlic Olive Oil = Chili-Garlic Popcorn
- Olio Nuovo Lemon Agrumato Olive Oil + ABQ Olive Oil Co Garlic Olive Oil = Lemon-Garlic Popcorn
Original recipe and photo by Veronica Foods.