- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into long ribbons (use a vegetable peeler)
- 1 chioggia beet (or substitute with golden beet), boiled until tender, approx. 30 minutes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch of asparagus, washed, stemmed, and sliced diagonally
- 1 small handful of snow peas, stemmed
- 6 sprigs watercress (1/4 cup baby kale or baby arugula may be substituted)
- 1 bag of Nastri Artisan Pasta or pasta of your choice
- 1/4 cup of your favorite ABQ Olive Oil Company extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs of your favorite pesto
- 1/4 tsp ABQ Olive Oil Company fleur de sel salt
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- Fresh spring blossoms or fresh basil leaves for garnish
Combine the extra virgin olive oil, pesto, and fleur de sel in a large stainless steel bowl, stir well. Set aside.
Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large stock pot. Add 1/2 pkg. Nastri to water, and boil for 9 minutes. Add prepared vegetables (not watercress) to boiling water with the Nastri. Immediately drain pasta and vegetables together in a large colander.
Place drained hot pasta and vegetables in large stainless steel bowl with the olive oil mixture. Sprinkle with goat cheese and torn watercress, and toss gently just until pasta and vegetables are coated with olive oil mixture. Divide onto serving plates. Garnish with fresh spring edible blossoms if available, or fresh basil leaves.
Serves: 4 to 6