- Four medium to large chicken thighs about 2 lbs
- 1/4 cup of ABQ Olive Oil Company Cara Cara Orange Vanilla Balsamic
- 1/4 cup of ABQ Olive Oil Company Green Chile Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon ABQ Olive Oil All Purpose seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons ABQ Olive Oil SolBee Red Chile honey
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper, or, to taste
Trim excess fat and skin off thighs. This will avoid flare ups.
Wash thighs and Pat dry with paper towels
Mix Oil, vinegar and spices together in bowl and whisk until emulsified.
Either add thighs to bowl with marinade, or put marinade and thighs in a plastic zip lock bag.
Let marinade for 30 – 45 minutes
Start grill and oil the grate. Scrape grate and oil again.
When all is ready turn grill to medium heat and place thighs skin side down. Let cook for 5 minutes or so until they have grill marks then flip over for an additional 5 minutes on other side. Move to upper rack or to indirect heat. Brush with remaining marinade during cooking. Continue cooking until temp in thickest part of the thigh reaches 165 – 170 degrees.
In the meantime make the glaze. Mix one tablespoon of the cara cara orange vanilla and 3 tablespoons of the Red Chile Honey and whisk until smooth.
When meat is almost done brush with the honey glaze, close lid and let cook for about 8 -10 minutes. Remove from grill, tent with foil and let set for 10 minutes or so for juices to redistribute. Enjoy—Yum!