- 2 tablespoons ABQ Olive Oil Company Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 6 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh chestnuts, roasted and peeled; or 3 1/2 cups store-bought
- 4 1/2 teaspoons ABQ Olive Oil Company Organic Butter Flavored Olive Oil
In large skillet, heat ABQ Olive Oil Company EVOO over medium-low heat. Cook bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper- towel- lined plate. Set aside.
Add Brussels sprouts to same skillet and cook, tossing frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add salt and 1 cup of water; cover and simmer until sprouts are almost tender, about 8 minutes
Add chestnuts and cook, uncovered, until sprouts are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and swirl in ABQ Olive Oil Company Organic Butter Flavored Olive Oil until creamy. Toss reserved bacon over top.