- 3 medium beets (mix red and yellow) trimmed, scrubbed, and quartered
- 3 plums pitted and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 3 teaspoons ABQ Olive Oil Champagne Mimosa Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons ABQ Olive Oil extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
Place beets in a steamer basket or colander set in a sauce pan filled with 2 inches of simmering water. Cover and steam until beets are tender when pierced with a sharp knife, about 20 minutes. Let cool, then remove skins. Slice beets into small pieces.
Arrange beets. Plums and ricotta on a platter. Drizzle with vinegar and oil, and season with salt and pepper. Top with sliced basil leaves and serve immediately.