- 2 1/4 teaspoons ABQ Olive Oil Company Organic Butter Flavored Olive Oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ABQ Olive Oil Company Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon ABQ Olive Oil Company Toasted Sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 6 tablespoons shredded asiago cheese
- Fresh rosemary sprig (optional)
- Toasted baguette slices, carrot sticks, and celery sticks
Preheat oven to 450 °F. In a large skillet warm on medium ABQ Olive Oil Co. Organic Butter Flavored Olive Oil. Add onion and sugar; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook and stir for 20-25 minutes or until onions are very tender and caramelized. Coarsely chop; set aside.
In food processor combine beans, ABQ Olive Oil Company EVOO, ABQ Olive Oil Company Toasted Sesame oil, garlic, rosemary, 2 tablespoons water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Process until smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons of asiago cheese. Transfer to 12 to 16 ounce individual casserole.
Top with caramelized onion and remaining asiago cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until asiago cheese is browned and hummus is heated through. Garnish with rosemary. Serve with baguette slices and carrot and celery sticks. Makes 6 (1/4 cup) servings.